Is it possible to host two or more sites with two or more domains on the same hosting account? You may want to register and market another domain name but don't want to pay for another hosting account. The best solution is to create an add-on domain.
An add-on domain is a new domain that is added on top of your main domain. It creates a sub directory within your main web hosting directory but can show a different web site. The add-on domain collects the information from the sub domain directory using the same space and bandwidth as your main account, however it won't have its own cpanel (web hosting manager).
Add-on domain benefits
- Create multiple domains/websites on the same web hosting account.
- Save money and web space by using one hosting account instead of several hosting accounts.
- The add-on domain shares all the same resources (disk space, bandwidth...) with your main site.
- The add-on domain has its own FTP manager, site stats, cgi-bin which is created automatically.
- Upload all pages, images, scripts, forums etc to your
add-on domain directory.
- Access your add-on domain using several web site addresses
- Promote several web sites within one hosting account with
their own set of keywords.
In this tutorial we will be adding a new addon domain to our account.
Log into your cPanel and scroll down to domains section.
Begin by clicking the Addon Domains button.
Fill in the short form.
When you fill in the New Domain Name the other fields will populate automatically, the only one you have to create is the password field.
Click the Add Domain button.
Our new addon domain has been created