In this tutorial we will show you how to use Softaculous to install a Magento application to your site. The installation process is pretty straightforward and it will take only a few minutes. You don't need any advanced skills to perform it and at the end you will have a fully functional Magento application on your hosting account.
Log Into your cPanel control panel and go to the software section.
Once the Softaculous screen opens, look in the menu on the left side and click the E-Commerce button. A drop down menu Will appear and you will see the Magento link. Click on Magento.
Now you will see the Magento description page giving various options and version number you will be installing.
At the top right hand side you will see the install link. Just click on this link to take you to the start of the installation.
The next screen you will see is the Software Setup Screen, this is where you will put the details of your Magento setup.
(the image here has been shortened to fit onscreen.)
- Choose Protocol: If you have an SSL (Secure Socket Layer) installed you can change this to "https://" otherwise leave as is.
- Choose Domain: If you are using a Sub-Domain/Addon Domain for your Shop you can choose it here otherwise leave your main domain here.
- In Directory: Here you can place your Magento install into another directory if you intend to have it as part of a larger site, or leave this blank if you intend to put it on your main Domain.
- Database Name: Give your database a distinct name so it can't be accessed easily by intruders.
- Table Prefix: This is another security measure so it's harder for someone to access your database and tables.
- Admin Username: This will be used for you to log into the back-end of your shop so use a name no one can easily guess.
- Admin Password: Again use a password that you alone would remember.
- First Name: Your Name (owner of the shop).
- Last Name: As above
- Admin Email: Your email address for contact reasons.
You can place an email address in the bottom box to email a copy of the details you have entered for safe keeping. (I always advise writing these details down as well for your own peace of mind)
Once you have entered all the details and made sure they are correct just click the Install button.
You will see just underneath the install button a small message saying installing the script just be patient this may take a few minutes to complete.
When the script has successfully completed the next screen you see will be the Successfully Completed screen
This is the URL's to your now completed front and back end of your shopping cart.
Congratulation! Now you can go and take a look at your installation and get a feel of what you have installed.