In this tutorial we will guide you through the quick and easy process of adding your products to your new OpenCart online store.
First log in your OpenCart admin panel and go to Catalog » Products from the navigation menu.
Click on the "Insert" button on the upper right corner of the page.
Enter the name of the product you are about to add.
You can also add meta tags and write a description of the item in the appropriate text boxes on this page.
Now go to the "Data" tab and enter the model of the product.
- Status: select allows you to hide the product from being shown on your online store.
- Price: Enter the price of the product which the clients will have to pay in the "price" box.
- Cost: In the "Cost" box you can set the amount it costs you to make or buy this product. This will help OpenCart generate accurate profit reports that help you keep track of your store's finantial growth.
- Tax class: allows you to set different categories of taxable products in your store.
- Quantity: Set the quantity you have of this product.
- Minimum Quantity: You can also set a minimum quantity which can be ordered of this product.
- Subtract Stock: If the "Subtract Stock" dropdown is enabled OpenCart will automatically decrease the quantity you have left from this product according to the quantity ordered. This is usually set to Yes unless you have unlimited quantity of this product or the product is a service you offer.
- Out Of Stock Status: allow you to select what to be displayed when this product runs out of stock in your store.
- Requires Shipping: determines if this product will be shipped or if it is an online product or service that can be delivered electronically to your customers without the need of physical item shipping.
- SKU: In the "SKU" text box you can set a unique identification number for this item. Very useful for your customers to identify and refer to particular items from your store.
You can also set various properties such as product photos, dimensions, weight etc to better specify your current product.
Once you are done editing your new product click on the "Save" button in the upper right corner of the page to apply the changes and add the product to the catalog.