We are now going to set up our payment module so customers can pay for thier products.
In this tutorial we will be installing the paypal module.
As always log into the administration of your TomatoCart installation.
Go to Start >> Modules >> Payment Modules.
A window will open listing all the payment modules.
Scroll down until you see "PayPal Website Payments Standard".
We have no payment modules installed yet so click on the green arrow to install the module.
You will get a notification in the bottom right corner of your screen.
You will see that the module now has a red "X" against it, this is the uninstall button. Next to that is the "Edit" icon click this to open the module for editing.
When the module details opens we will fill in the details of our PayPal account.
- Enable PayPal Website Payments Standard: Set this to true.
- PayPal Email address: Enter your PayPal E-mail address to access your account.
- Payment Zone: You can set up PayPal to only accept payments from certain zones or areas if you wish (Another tutorial).
- Set Processing Order Status: While the order is being processed by PayPal this status is shown to the customer.
- Set PayPal Acknowledged Order Status: When the transaction is completed successfully the Paid status is shown and the process of shipment can take place. (The last two steps are good for fraud checking)
Scroll down a little further and now you will see the rest of the settings (This is a big list).
- Gateway Server: We have two choices here Sandbox or Live mode. It's a good idea to test your payment gateways before going live so i'd set up what is called a Sandbox which basically is a test environment where you can purchase products as a customer and go through the whole process testing to make sure everything is working. PayPal provide this service free of charge, if you would like to open a sandbox environment for your shop then here is the link to get you started. https://developer.paypal.com/
- Transfer Cart Line Items: Items that have been bought will be displayed within the PayPal checkout process.
- Transaction Method: Leave a sale if your selling products and not downloadable.
- Page style: Within your PayPal account you have the ability to set the look of your checkout process.
- Debug E-mail Address: Type in an email address to where all transaction details will be sent.
- Sort Order of Display: Leave as is.
When you have set the details you require click the Save button and the PayPal module will close.
You can repeat this process to enable other payment modules that you wish to use within your shop.