This tutorial will show you how to install WordPress. For this tutorial, you will need to go to http://wordpress.org.Click to download the latest stable release.
Now we have the zip file on our computer it's time to upload it to our server.
If you have never uploaded and extracted a zip package on your server you can follow This Tutorial to help you understand how to achieve this.
Create a Configuration File
Ok now we have everything in place to start our installation. Once the files have been uploaded to your server, go to your site in your web browser. "http://www.yoursite.com" The first screen you will see is the "create config file" screen.
Next is the welcome to wordpress screen explaing what we are about to do and giving some other options for the config file.
Click the Let's go! button to continue.
The next screen we will fill out the database details.If you followed our tutorial on how to ctreate a databse then you should have the details to hand.
- Database Name: eneter the name you gave the database.
- username: Enter the database user name.
- password: enter the password for the user.
- Database Host: this is usually "localhost" so you shouldn't have to change this.
- Submit: Once you are happy with the details you have entered click "Submit
If the details you entered are correct then Wordpress has made a connection to the database and is happy and so are we.
Run the install..
The installation only takes a few seconds, then you will see the "Admin Details" screen. Enter a Title for your blog.
- Password Twice: Enter a desired passord for your admin account. most scripts ask you to enter the password twice just incase yo make a spelling mistake with the first and then can't get into your installation backend.
- Your E-mail: Enter the default email you want for your website.
- Privacy: Tick this box if you want search engines to list and crawl your site. this helps search engine rankings.
With all details entered we have now installed our Wordpress script and can login to our new website. Click the "Log In" button.
the login page
Enter your Username and Password you created.
Remember Me check box You can check this box to automatically log you in from now on.
Click Log In when done..
Global Configuration page
Success! This is your admin panel where you can manage your blog and its settings. Now we have our new Wordpress website up and running.